I speak to a lot of dentists and office managers who tell me that they just can’t think of anything to post on a daily or weekly basis to their Facebook page.
Now remember the purpose of your Facebok page is to get customer engagement and give them a sense of how friendly, warm, caring, inviting and professional your practice is. It is not you provide them with clinical information. They can get this from your main website. And speaking of your main website, make sure that there’s a link to it from your Facebook page and vice versa. Wherever possible include photos featuring the dentist(s) and team members and try to keep any topics as light, fun, humorous and cheerful as possible.
So here, in random order are a few suggestions for you…
- Cartoons and funny photos. If you come across something humorous, share it. Get into the habit of snapping interesting and unique things with your phone whenever your out and incentivise your staff to do the same. People ike “sharing” these types of things and it will help to get your name out there. You could also hold a contest for all patients to see who gets the funniest shot or for them to caption some of the photos you upload.
- Reviews from surveys. Run an in office survey and ask your patients to write a review as part of their response. Then post the results as well as reviews on your Facebook page. This can give you huge value as people are always looking for reviews online. Notice I have made no mention of testimonials. Local legislation prohibits the use of testimonials in any form of advertising by dental practitioners, but reviews are still OK. To find out more about this you can download AHPRA’s guidelines or contact your solicitor.
- Your blog spots. Here you can throw in something clinical. Just provide the explanation in your blog with a link to it.
- Photos of happy patients. There’s no need to go into their case, just show she results. before and after photos can work wonders. Another idea is to name the patient of the day.Just remember to gain clear written patient permission before using any details of photos.
- Video reviews from patients. Again you can easily and quickly create these with a smart phone for instant upload. As mentioned above in point 2, be sure that you are not posting a testimonial and also get the patients permission.
- Sponsorships. Sponsoring a local team may not get you much exposure but you can amplify this though your Facebook posts.
- Fund raising. Hold fund raising events for a charity organisation. You can easily get local media coverage for this. Invite your local politicians along as well. They are always game for a photo opportunity. Now you can use this coverage and there photos in your posts. Don’t forget to also use them in your other marketing campaigns as well.
- Newsworthy dental events. Use celebrity photos to make comments on their smiles or anything else that relates to teeth that’s interesting.
- Employee milestones. New employees, marriages, births, work anniversaries, training and educational achievements. These can all make great posts.
- Contests and giveaways. Occasional giveaways can be great. They should have time limits to encourage people to participate before forgetting about them. They don’t have to be big. Tickets to a musical event or something specific in your neighbourhood or town are good ideas.
- Holiday wishes. Capture and commemorate special days like Walk To Work Day, Jeans Day or Earth Hour. There is some kind of holiday or event that you can capture or commemorate every month.
Always be mindful to no violate AHPRA’s guidelines and get a release from every patient before you post something about them. It should be in simple language allowing you to use the photo and video images as well as comments in all media, including social media in perpetuity. If they won’t do it then find someone else that will. Remember that they can say and post anything they like from their phone or tablet in your office to any site not controlled or owned by you. A good example of a site like this is Yelp.
Lastly, to fully capitalise on the full social media and SEO value of your posts, you should mirror your Facebook posts on Google+. Yes I know… more work.
Is your Practice suffering from any of the following symptoms?
Allow me to ask you a few questions…
- Are you frustrated with patients that don’t reschedule or accept recommended treatment?
- Is your hygienist producing less than $250,000pa?
- Would you like to add an associate to your practice but don’t quite know how?
- Do you realise the need to increase patient flow but don’t know how?
- Are patient no-shows and last minute cancellations bleeding the profit from your practice, destroying otherwise solid days?
- Do you have team members that have NOT received a bonus in the last six months?
- Does it feel like you are working way too hard for far too little in return?
- Are you searching for the best way to increase patient flow and build your practice?
- Would you like to be able to hire superstar staff members that genuinely want your practice to be the best it can?
- Are you considering expanding your practice to multiple locations or acquiring an existing practice but need help organising consistently effective systems?
- Are you just not making enough profit to be able to retire at a reasonable age and to a lifestyle you desire?
- Are you considering selling your practice in the future some time but are concerned about your financial position?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above then I can help you
From leaving my country at the threat of gunpoint I arrived in Australia almost penniless and from scratch created several multi-million dollar businesses in varying industries ranging from technology to retail and manufacturing. But it wasn’t all plain sailing. I faced the barrel of almost sheer bankruptcy through a business I newly acquired just weeks before the Global Financial Crisis hit. I have however successfully grown it into a formidable market leader in its area.
As a winner of multiple business awards and gaining official recognition by members of Parliament and other prominent figures, I have helped numerous business owners, including dentists, in some cases add $100,000’s to their businesses profits.
Now in a position where I have systems in place in my own businesses, I no longer need to work and I have slowed down to enjoy life more around my family. My primary business focus being to help dentists grow their practice and wealth.
This developed as a result of assisting my distressed sister in-law, who is a Dentist in Greece. When the infamous debt crisis hit in 2010…Greece was hit hard! Her dental practice experienced a phenomenal decline. No one could afford dental care and patient flow almost literally came to a standstill.
Helping her gave me a great insight in to the dental world and how hard you work to keep your practice running. And I thought it was time “someone” here in Australia helped Dentists unlock the earning potential within their practice so you can stop having to work so hard and start enjoying more financial rewards and more time off to spend with family and friends or simply enjoy life more.
People I’ve assisted come from extreme rural locations to densely populated metropolitan centres.
If you’d like to find out how to stay in control of your practice success, ensure its long term stability, increase profits and enjoy predictable 20% – 30% growth each and every year then you have to check out Dental Profit Secrets.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. The Dental Profit Secrets Program will show you how to ensure the success and profitability of your Practice and become the “Go To” Dentist in your area.
Click here now to find out more.
Best wishes for your success,
PS: I’m so confident that this program will transform your practice that the results are actually guaranteed. Click here now to find out more.
PPS: Why not try a complimentary full 30 day trial membership to see for yourself with if it is right for you. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.